Ensure a strong Israel, a strong Diaspora and a strong relationship between the two by voting for the ZOA Coalition slate in the World Zionist Congress election beginning at 12:01 am on January 21, if you are Jewish, in America and age 18 or older.
Voting is a simple five-step process as the image below details. The few minutes you spend voting for the ZOA Coalition at zionistelection.org will have an impact to help Israel and world Jewry that can last a lifetime! There is a nominal administrative fee collected by the American Zionist Movement to cover the cost of the election.
It is important not only that you vote, but that you also strongly encourage everyone in your circle who is eligible to vote for the ZOA Coalition slate: Your relatives, your friends, your business associates, your neighbors, those you see at shul and your social-media contacts and email lists. Please forward this email and post the contents on social media. You can also print it out and offer it to people as a flyer.
By random selection, the ZOA Coalition – formally known as “ZOA Coalition: Zionist Organization of America (ZOA), Torah from Sinai, MIG (Make Israel Great) & National Pro-Israel Partners – Courageously Defending Israel, Sovereignty & the Jewish People” – is listed 11th among the slates vying for delegates.
Some of the slates are coalitions of radical Leftist organizations that, for example, support BDS. The more delegates that the ZOA Coalition can send to the World Zionist Congress later this year, the more our staunch pro-Israel/pro-Jewish education delegates can stave of the Left’s efforts to get the World Zionist Organization to lurch leftward – and that depends on you and those close to you.
- How to vote for the ZOA Coalition;
- What are the ZOA Coalition’s platforms;
- What groups comprise the ZOA Coalition and;
- A link to a concise video about the World Zionist Congress.
If you have any questions, please call the Greater Philadelphia ZOA Office at 610-660-9466.
Click on all images to enlarge.
How Do You Vote for the ZOA Coalition? See the Image Below:
What is the World Zionist Congress?
The World Zionist Congress, the international “parliament of the Jewish people,” meets next in October 2020, to make decisions regarding key institutions which allocate nearly $1 billion annually to support Israel and World Jewry (including the World Zionist Organization, Jewish National Fund and the Jewish Agency for Israel).
“The First Zionist Congress, convened by Theodor Herzl in 1897, was the genesis of the Zionist movement. It was the original meeting of great minds that first put to paper the idea that the Jewish people should have a state of their own. The WZC meets every five years to discuss policy and funding for Jewish institutions in Israel and across the world. In the United States the American Zionist Movement (AZM), as the national Zionist federation, organizes a grassroots public vote where the American Jewish community elects 152 delegates to the WZC, a body of 500 delegates from Jewish communities worldwide. The election in the US is overseen by an “Area Election Committee” established by AZM under the rules of the World Zionist Organization.” (source: American Zionist Movement)
Please vote for the ZOA Coalition in the World Zionist Congress election.
The ZOA Coalition platform: Courageously Defending Israel, Sovereignty & the Jewish People
- Rescue Jews Endangered by Global Antisemitism & Promote the Safety of Jews Around the World: ZOA Coalition initiated & obtained passage of the WZC resolution to give highest funding priority to rescuing endangered Jews. We need your vote to keep making saving endangered Jewish lives the first priority!
- Combat Global & Campus Antisemitism & Boycotts, Divestments & Sanctions (BDS): ZOA Coalition initiated & obtained passage of the WZC anti-BDS policy (which includes stopping BDS against Jews in Judea & Samaria) & “Buy Israeli” program. We’re leading a multi-pronged battle against antisemitism and Israel-bashing.
- We’re protecting Jewish students’ legal rights to safe campuses. ZOA Coalition is the only American slate that voted for declaring that anti-Zionism is a manifestation of antisemitism.
- Vote for the ZOA Coalition to say “no” to BDS!
- Say “No” to an Iranian-proxy Palestinian-Arab terror state!
- Promote Love & Respect for Jewish Tradition, Torah from Sinai – and All Our People: Join us in promoting the bedrocks that sustain, unite & strengthen the whole Jewish people.
- Defend & Strengthen Israel; United Jerusalem Under Israeli Sovereignty; & the Jewish People’s Rights to Live in & Settle Judea & Samaria: ZOA Coalition led the 23-year battle to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem. We are now leading the battle to transform the World Zionist Congress – and Israel’s national institutions under the WZC umbrella – into bodies that will arise and assert the Jewish people’s rights to our land.
- Strengthen Jewish & Zionist Education in Israel & the Diaspora. Vote for ZOA Coalition for future generations!
What groups comprise the ZOA Coalition:
The ZOA Coalition includes: Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) • Aharai USA • Aish HaTorah • Americans Against Antisemitism • Americans for a Safe Israel (AFSI) • American Friends of Ateret Cohanim • American Friends of Likud (AFL) • Americans for Peace and Tolerance • Beit Juhuro Gorsky Kavkazi Center • Chovevei Zion • Eretz Israel Movement • Hasbara Fellowships • ILead • JCC Watch • Make Israel Great (MIG) Russian Jewish Coalition for a Strong Israel • The Lawfare Project • National Conference on Jewish Affairs • NORPAC • One Israel Fund • Save the West • Students Supporting Israel (SSI) • Torah from Sinai • United Mashadi Jewish Community of America (UMJCA) • US Russian Jews Stand With Israel • World Likud • Young Jewish Conservatives (YJC) • Z Street
What Is the World Zionist Congress, What Does It Do and Why Does Your Vote Matter? Watch this brief video at the link:
From memorable speeches by our deserving honorees, to the warmth and camaraderie of 300 like-minded people, to the air thick with love for America and Israel, and of course delicious food — Greater Philadelphia ZOA’s 2019 Gala was a great event.
If you were among the large crowd, then surely you will agree. If you were not at the Gala, perhaps a look at our Gala video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDSDiT_8PI&t=2405s will give you a sense of what the event was like, and how inspiring and informative were the speeches by honorees Malka Kantor-Rapkin, Cliff Rieders, Rabbi Eliezer Hirsch and keynoter Professor Dr. Jason D. Hill — along with ZOA National President Morton A. Klein, Rabbi Neil Cooper and Emcee Gary Erlbaum.
See the photo collages below for more flavor from this fabulous Gala.
In addition, we want to thank everyone who placed a congratulatory notice or ad in our 2019 Gala Tribute Book and Ad Journal. We encourage you to patronize the businesses and service-providers who participated. Our Gala book is chock full of articles and information in addition to the ads, notices and letters from elected officials. See a list of advertisers below, along with a link to look through the book.
We hope to see you at our 2020 Gala!
Click on each collage to enlarge:
See their ads and the entire 2019 Gala Tribute Book and Ad Journal at: http://philly.zoa.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/09/Gala-2019-tribute-book-ad-journal-final-w-Lee-pg.pdf
By now we hope you have “met” each of the individuals that Greater Philadelphia ZOA will honor at our Gala on Sept. 24. They are: Malka Kantor-Rapkin, Cliff Rieders, Rabbi Eliezer Hirsch and Dr. Jason D. Hill. These four individuals who are Patriots and Zionists, who are mavericks in their unabashed support for Israel, who are passionate about doing the right thing and put principle over popularity.
We urge you to attend the Gala and enjoy our celebration of America and Israel. It will take place at the Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue.
We hope you will agree that we have a special group of honorees this year, with impressive backgrounds and bold activity – each in their own way — on behalf of Israel and the Jewish People.
We ask that you consider also recognizing them and thanking them in the pages of our Gala Tribute Book. The book will be a keepsake for the honorees and all who attend the Gala. It is also posted on social media and emailed to our large contact list, and available on our Web site. Proceeds from the book make possible many of Greater Philadelphia ZOA’s activities and initiatives throughout the year, and also the bulk of the educational materials that we distribute throughout the region.
These are people whom you will want to meet and hear from at our Gala, and who you will want to publicly thank and congratulate in our Gala Tribute Book with a notice of gratitude and “Mazel Tov.” To do so, please see the information below.
Please see more information about the Gala, the Tribute Book and Ad Journal below.
To purchase ads, notices and tickets electronically:
Deadline for ads and notices is August 24. We suggest payment via check so as to avoid the Eventbrite fees.
Please call us with any questions at 610-660-9466.
Shalom ZOA Members, Friends and Supporters of Israel,
We are thrilled to announce Greater Philadelphia ZOA’s 2019 Gala honorees and offer – for now – a very brief description of who they are. There will be more on each of our honorees in the weeks ahead.
Click on images to enlarge
We will have a more streamlined Gala this year.
Tickets are on sale now and Tribute Book/Ad Journal ads and notices can be placed at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-greater-philadelphia-zoa-gala-tickets-64577646479.
We strongly advise you to pay by check so as to avoid the Eventbrite.com service fees. You made send checks made out to ZOA to: ZOA, P.O. Box 56, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004.
For Tribute Book/Ad Journal options and details, please visit:
For Israel’s sake, please come to Washington with ZOA to participate in our annual Capitol Hill Advocacy Mission.
The traditional Luncheon and Lobbying Day will take place on Thursday, June 20. This year there will be a special Kickoff Dinner the night before, on Wednesday, June 19, which you will have an option to attend. There will be a special guest speaker at the dinner – we will announce who that will be shortly.
Registration is now open for both of these events. See the link below.
Both the dinner and luncheon will be glatt-kosher.
To register for the Mission, go to the link below. Please see the special instructions later in this email for those of you who want to take the bus round-trip from the Philadelphia area on June 20, or return with us that afternoon if you are going for both days.
Why is it important for you to participate in ZOA’s Capitol Hill Advocacy Mission this year?
These times remain perilous and much of the world remains hostile to the Jewish State of Israel.
- There are now a number of overt public anti-Semitic Israel bashers in Congress. They have repeatedly made hateful statements against the Jewish State and the Jewish people – with no consequences.
- Mahmoud Abbas’ Palestinian Authority (PA) has codified into Law its policy to pay Arabs to murder Jews and the more Jews an Arab has killed, the higher the pension. These killers are also guaranteed a top government job once they get out of prison. The PA spends $400 million a year on these rewards.
- The Palestinian Authority never ceases to promote hatred and violence against Jews in their schools, media, speeches, and sermons. They continue to officially praise Jew killers as martyrs.
- Iran continues to threaten Israel with its buildup of missiles and its nuclear program.
You can help educate our lawmakers in Washington, D.C. about the perils that Israel faces – which also affect our own country’s security. You can have a voice in shaping U.S. policies that are beneficial to Israel and the U.S.
In addition to the optional kickoff dinner, the Mission includes:
- Attend a briefing from the ZOA Government Relations department on the issues affecting Israel and the U.S.-Israel relationship;
- Participate in a special kosher luncheon on Capitol Hill with members of Congress, in a magnificent Senate room where dozens of members of the House and Senate will address our delegation;
- Meet our professional lobbyists, and other ZOA activists from around the country;
- Meet with your representatives in the House and Senate and/or their top aides to talk about issues affecting Israel and the US.-Israel relationship.
You must pay for the Mission via National ZOA. You can pay by check or credit card. To pay by check, call 212-481-1500. You can also pay with a credit card via phone. To pay online, go to https://zoa.org/mission-events/zoa-mission-to-washington/
See the instructions in the images below if you choose to pay online.
For those who want to go on the Mission for June 20 only: Our Greater Philadelphia bus will leave from Northeast Philadelphia and Merion Station. If there is enough demand, we will try to include a pick-up/drop off from Center City and perhaps Bucks County. You must call our office to reserve your bus spot and pay in advance. To pay for the bus, send a check for $55 per person to: ZOA, P.O. Box 56, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004.
To pay by credit card, you can do so online at our Web site. The cost will be $58.30 per person, which includes processing fees. Go to: https://zoa.org/donate/philly/
Please see all Mission registration and bus instructions in the images below.
If you have any questions or for more information, please call us at 610-660-9466.
Click on the images below to enlarge:
To pay for the Philadelphia bus by credit card:
Go to this link: