ACTION ALERT from Greater Philadelphia ZOA:
While the Israel Defense Forces and other Israeli security agencies try to stop the Palestinian-Arab rocket attacks that are pounding Israeli cities and other communities, rioting, fires and other violence, and incitement against Jews — and civil defense agencies makes sure that shelters are open and ready — there are steps that we in the Diaspora can take to help. Below the advocacy items are links to analysis that will give you and others important background information about what is happening as well as the chronology.
At least three Israelis have been murdered in the rocket attacks and scores are hurt. Homes and schools and at least one passenger bus have taken direct hits.
As this email was compiled, Palestinian-Arabs had fired more than 700 rockets at Israeli communities during the past 24 hours – including some reaching Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
What Can Each of Us Do:
1. Advocacy (see details below).
2. Contact friends and family in Israel – let them know you are thinking about them and praying for their well-being. Try to reassure them.
3. Buy goods from Israel via Israeli websites (see examples below) and at local stores. A surge in economic support will boost morale as well as the economy. Due to the rockets and violence, businesses may need to close. Schools in the south are closed for now. Reservists may be called to duty which will take some Israelis out of the workforce.
4. Pray both for the well-being of Israel and for the success and safety of the IDF. Urge rabbis and other clergy to disseminate these prayers electronically – prayer helps! Also ask them to send out to the community ACCURATE news about what is happening since many people rely on anti-Israel media and thus are uninformed – and worse, believe that Israel is at fault.
5. Support ZOA. Your donations fuel our efforts to support and defend Israel. During these times we made need to send out special mailings or engage in other special activities. We may have a unity rally or other gathering and need you extra financial support now. See donation information below.
6. Fly an Israeli flag from your home and/or car. Wear an Israeli flag pin on your lapel, jacket, or shirt, blouse or cap. Show your solidarity and let others see it.
7. Share this ACTION ALERT with your email lists and post the Action items on social media.
See the entire ACTION ALERT at: https://philly.zoa.org/…/05/action-alert-gaza-051121.pdf